Sucking is an exercise that babies enjoy. When babies start to suck on their fingers or small things around them, it is a manifestation of intellectual development. Using a pacifier has the following advantages:
1. It can promote the development of the baby’s upper jaw, facial muscles and tongue extension.
2. The American Academy of Pediatrics research shows that eating pacifiers can reduce the risk of sudden infant death.
3. Meet the baby’s sucking reflex needs, soothe the baby’s emotions and enhance the sense of security.
4. Easier to quit than sucking fingers.
5. For premature babies, pacifiers can help the oral cavity develop and adapt to bottle feeding or parent feeding faster.